TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions for services (these "Terms") apply to all services provided by IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel ("Service Provider"). When you register for a program, you agree to these terms.
Enrollment and Program Confirmation
You will receive an enrollment acknowledgment via email within three days of enrolling in a program. This does not mean the program will occur. You will receive a program confirmation via email up to 1 week prior to the program start date confirming that the program will be held.
If the program is full, has been rescheduled, or if a program has not met the required enrollment minimum, a notification of the change in program status will be sent as soon as feasible, but no later than 5 business days prior to the program start date.
Each program has a minimum student enrollment requirement in order to be offered. Idea Lab Kids reserves the right to cancel programs at any time, or offer a substitute program.
You understand that you are holding a spot in the program. If circumstances force you to change your plans, please consider our refund policy.
- Cancellations made 30 calendar days or more in advance of the program date, will receive a 100% credit to be used on future enrollments. If a refund is requested, a 10% adminsitrative fee will be deducted from the refund issued to your original form of payment.
- Cancellations made within 15 to 29 days in advance of the program date will receive a 75% credit to be used on future enrollments. Refunds are not available.
- Cancellations made 14 days or less of the program start date will receive no credit or refund. The owner has the only right to be flexible here.
Cancellation requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
NOTE: Should the community health situation or inclement weather dictate that it is not safe to hold in-person programs, all programs will be moved online to Zoom. Supplies (if plausible) will be provided for parents to pick up or material lists provided to parents if pick up is not possible. No refunds or credits will be offered for those circumstances beyond our control. Program content may be altered to accomodate a virtual program experience.
Subscription & Membership Cancellation Terms
The subscription plan to our programs consists of an initial charge and then followed by recurring period charges as agreed to by you during enrollment. By completing enrollment, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Idea Lab Kids – Wesley Chapel may submit periodic charges (e.g., weekly, monthly) without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. By subscribing to our programs, you are agreeing to pay recurring periodic subscriptions for the duration of that program or until cancelled by you, on the subscription terms set out in these terms and conditions.
Subscription Cancellations. The subscription may be terminated by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days for weekly subscriptions and 30 days for monthly subscriptions before your next payment is due to be collected. The enrollment cannot be terminated for a period of subscription already initiated and the Customer will not be entitled to a refund for that subscription period.
Student Substitutions or Transfers
Student substitutions or transfers are not permitted.
Student No Show
If a student fails to attend a program. No credit will be issued. However, in case of illness or unavoidable emergency that results in a student's inability to participate in person, online Zoom options for the program can be arranged if 24 hours notice is provided via email to email@example.com. The owner has the only right to be flexible here.
Credit Card Processing
Credit Card payments will be charged at the time of enrollment. A credit card processing fee of 1.5% will apply. You authorize IDEA Lab to keep a card on file and charge it if fees aren’t paid when due.
Student Non-discrimination Policy
We do not discriminate against individuals with disabilities who attend our programs.
Release of Liability/Wavier
In consideration of being allowed to enter and/or participate in any camp, field tip, birthday and/or program by IDEA Lab, the undersigned, on his or her behalf, and on the behalf of the participant(s) identified below, acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees that:
- I acknowledge and understand there are risks associated with participation in The IDEA Lab activities and the use of the play area and including but not limited to: contusions, fractures, scrapes, cuts, bumps, paralysis, or death.
- I further acknowledge and understand that there are risks associated with participating in specific camps, field trips, or programs offered by IDEA Lab due to the use of paint, clay, glue, scissors, chalk, and other items associated with the specific event attended. These include, but are not limited to: skin irritation, blindness, poisoning, or death.
- I willingly assume the risks associated with participation and accept that there are also risks that may arise due to OTHER PARTICIPANTS, which I also willingly assume.
- I agree that I shall comply with all stated and customary terms, posted safety signs, rules, and verbal instructions as conditions for participation in any party and/or program by The IDEA Lab.
- I HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY CHILD OR CHILDREN, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER KNOWN, AGAINST IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel AND ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASEES"), ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES OR SERVICES OFFERED BY IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel OR ANY RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. I COVENANT NOT TO MAKE OR BRING ANY SUCH CLAIM AGAINST IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel OR ANY OTHER RELEASEE ON BEHALF OF MYSELF OR MY CHILD OR CHILDREN, AND FOREVER RELEASE AND DISCHARGE IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel AND ALL OTHER RELEASEES FROM LIABILITY UNDER SUCH CLAIMS. THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITIES THAT NORTH CAROLINA LAW DOES NOT PERMIT TO BE RELEASED BY AGREEMENT.
- I shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and all other Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorney fees, the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Release, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, arising out or resulting from any claim of a third party related to my child’s participation in the Activities, including any claim related to my own negligence or my child’s negligence.
By registering for our programs, you agree and acknowledge that our training materials are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Therefore, you cannot reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, or publicly display/perform such materials. In addition, you agree not to use the company's training materials, including but not limited to the concepts and ideas expressed in the training, to create a competing product/service.
Newsletter & Marketing
By registering for our programs, you are also signing up for our newsletter and occassional marketing emails. You can opt out at any time.
Notice of Exemption
I acknowledge that I have been informed that this program is not a licensed child care facility. I also understand this program is not required to be licensed by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education and this program is exempt from state licensure requirements.
Emergency Contact Information and Medical Conditions
Is the sole responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to ensure that the Service Provider has current emergency contact information in addition to any pertinent medical conditions or allergies. This information can be updated in your Family Account. It is important you create your account prior to the first day of student participation. If you haven’t already created your free account, please do so by going to https://app.lexaclass.com/register, and following the on-screen prompts to getting registered. Please make sure to add each authorized pickup person as a guardian with their own unique phone number and mailing address in the Lexa account. This allows each of these individuals to enter their phone number and check in and out your children.
Meals and Snacks
No meals or snacks are provided by the Service Provider. If a snack time or meal time is scheduled, parents should provide appropriate food for their child. Students should have a water bottle labeled with name. Please do not pack snack or lunch items that contain peanuts or any tree nuts. Some programs may provide a purchased lunch as an add-on option. These will be selected by the parent and purchased from local restaurants. Idea Lab Kids assums no liability for food items purchased on your behalf at your request.
Late Pick-Up Fees:
Children must be picked up from their designated program on time. All children must be picked up by closing time. Except for a first-time instance of tardiness, a late penalty will be imposed if your child is picked up after the designated dismissal time. The late pickup fee is $1 per minute per child. These fees will be charged directly to your account and payable immediately. If you expect to be late, please call to advise us, so that we may reassure your child.
I understand that my child(ren) or I may be photographed and/or videoed while participating in the Activities. I grant permission to Company and any of its affiliates, to use my likeness and/or image in photographs, videos, or other recordings for advertising, promotion or any other legitimate purpose.
Use of Third-Party Services
By registering for a program that involves a third-party service, you agree to the third-party’s terms and conditions for using their respective services and content. Lyricos Learning, LLC, dba Idea Lab International (the “Company”) and its Franchisees offer certain third-party services such as coding programs, tutoring, and other specific courses provided by third-party entities or individuals under contract with the Company.
Third-party services may include:
- Coding programs offered in conjunction with CodaKids content as provided via the Brite service. By using CodaKids content over the Brite service you agree that you and your child shall not upload any content that violates the Intellectual Property rights of others and that you grant an unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty free license for the third-party service provider to use any content uploaded by your child.
- Tutoring programs offered in conjunction with Kesson Group, Inc., “(Skooli”).
- Coding programs offered in conjunction with CodeCombat Inc.
You agree that you are the parent or legal guardian of the minor being registered for the third-party services and that you have authorized such minor’s registration and use of the third-party service.
In addition, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless any third-party service provider against any damages, claims, or reasonable attorney’s fees that arise from or are caused by your child’s use of the third-party services or content.
You agree that your child will not post any content to any third-party websites that are used in delivering the third-party services or content.
Discipline and Guidance Policy
As governed by law Discipline must be :
- Individualized and consistent for each child;
- Appropriate to the child's level of understanding;
- Directed toward teaching the child acceptable behavior and self-control.
A caregiver may only use positive methods of discipline and guidance that encourage self-esteem, self-control, and self-direction which include at least the following:
- Using praise and encouragement of good behavior instead of focusing only upon unacceptable behavior;
- Reminding a child of behavior expectations daily by using clear, positive statements;
- Redirecting behavior using positive statements; and
- Using brief supervised separation or time out from the group, when appropriate of the child's age and development, which is limited to no more that one minute per year of the child's age.
There must be no harsh, cruel, or unusual treatment of any child. The following types of discipline and guidance are prohibited:
- Corporal punishment or threats of corporal punishment;
- Punishment associated with food, naps, or toilet training;
- Pinching, shaking, or biting a child;
- Hitting a child with a hand or instrument;
- Putting anything in or on a child's mouth
- Humiliating, ridiculing, rejecting, or yelling at a child;
- Subjecting a child to harsh, abusive, or profane language;
- Placing a child in a locked or dark room, bathroom, or closet with the door closed; and/or
- Requiring a child to remain silent or inactive for inappropriately long periods of time for the child's age.
SPECIAL PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR IN-PERSON ACTIVITIES
Thank you for reading this Agreement carefully. It includes important information about participating in-person activities offered by IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel(collectively, the “Activities”). This document supplements IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel's general terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this document and the general terms and conditions, this document will govern.
NOTICE: THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. Read the document carefully and in entirety. By signing this agreement, you give up your and your child’s right to bring a court action to obtain compensation or any other remedy for any personal injury or property damage however caused arising out of the named child’s (or children’s) participation in the Activities, now or any time in the future. In consideration of the services of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel, I, (parent(s)/guardian(s) named below), acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Mobile activities will take place at private homes owned or leased by the parent(s) of participants in the Activities (“Hosts”). IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel does not control these private homes or the people who may be present at them. IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel is not responsible for the actions of anyone who is not its employee, owner, or agent, including but not limited to Hosts and their guests or family members.
2. In consideration of being allowed to participate in any camp, field tip, birthday and/or program by IDEA Lab, the undersigned, on his or her behalf, and on the behalf of the participant(s) identified below, acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees that:
A. I acknowledge and understand there are risks associated with participation in The IDEA Lab activities and the use of the play area and including but not limited to: contusions, fractures, scrapes, cuts, bumps, paralysis, or death.
B. I further acknowledge and understand that there are risks associated with participating in specific camps, field trips, or programs offered by IDEA Lab due to the use of paint, clay, glue, scissors, chalk, and other items associated with the specific event attended. These include, but are not limited to: skin irritation, blindness, poisoning, or death.
C. I willingly assume the risks associated with participation and accept that there are also risks that may arise due to OTHER PARTICIPANTS, which I also willingly assume.
D. Although IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel recommends certain cleaning and sanitizing protocols to its Hosts, it cannot guarantee that Hosts will follow these recommendations.
3. Photo and Video Release: I understand that my child(ren) or I may be photographed and/or videoed while participating in the Activities. I grant permission to Company and any of its affiliates, to use my likeness and/or image in photographs, videos, or other recordings for advertising, promotion or any other legitimate purpose. By signing this waiver, you are also signing up for our marketing campaigns. You can opt out at any time.
4. My child does not currently have any medical condition, illness, or other health-related issue which poses a health risk to other participants in the Activities or to staff of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel, including but not limited to any viral or bacterial diseases that may be transmitted to others such as COVID-19. I will not allow my child to participate in any Activities while he or she (1) is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (such as cough,
shortness of breath, or fever), (2) has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or (3) has come in close contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed to have or suspected of having COVID-19. Students that arrive to any Activities with symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to COVID19 in the past 14 days WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the Activities or enter the Host’s home.
5. I will ensure my child complies with all federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to COVID-19 while participating in any of the Activities, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings and safety equipment. I will also ensure my child follows all instructions, recommendations, and cautions of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and its staff at all times during the Activities. I consent to IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel taking my child’s temperature any time that my child is present at a Host’s home or participating in the Activities. I further understand that if my child develops a fever that is 99.5 degrees or higher, I will be required to pick my child up as soon possible, and my child may be isolated from other participants in the Activities until I am able to do so.
6. My child may be exposed to or contract COVID-19 by engaging in the Activities, which may result in serious illness, personal injury, disability, death, and/or property damage. I acknowledge that these risks may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of Hosts or others, including negligent emergency response or rescue operations. I understand that, while IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel has implemented measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, it cannot guarantee that I or my child will not become infected with COVID-19 due to my child’s participation in the Activities and that engaging in the Activities may increase my and my child’s risk of contracting COVID-19. NOTWITHSTANDING THESE RISKS, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MY CHILD IS VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITIES WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGERS INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE TO MYSELF AND TO MY CHILD OR CHILDREN ARISING FROM MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF IDEA LAB KIDS Wesley Chapel OR OTHERWISE.
7. I hereby expressly waive and release, on behalf of myself and my child or children, any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against the Hosts or IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and its owners, agents, employees, affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, illness, disability, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my child’s participation in the Activities, whether arising out of the ordinary negligence of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel or any other Releasee on behalf of myself or my child or children, and forever release and discharge IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and all other Releasees from liability under such claims. This waiver and release does not extend to claims for gross negligence, willful misconduct, or any other liabilities that North Carolina law does not permit to be released by agreement.
8. I shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and all other Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorney fees, the costs of enforcing any right to indemnification under this Release, and the cost of pursuing any insurance providers, arising out or resulting from any claim of a third party related to my child’s participation in the Activities, including any claim related to my own negligence or my child’s negligence.
9. This Release does not supersede, circumvent, or modify the general terms and conditions of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel but instead works together in conjunction with those terms and conditions. If any term or provision of this Release is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Release or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of IDEA Lab Kids Wesley Chapel and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts on behalf of myself and my child.
I (we) am the parent or legal guardian of the minors listed below. I have the legal right to consent on behalf of my child. BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS OF MYSELF AND MY CHILD, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE COMPANY.
Party Payment Policy
- I understand that the $150 deposit is non-refundable. Any changes or cancellations to the date within 21 days will require a full payment for the party.
- I understand that the number of kids attending including siblings and any uninvited guests are counted towards the final count.
- I understand that I will pay the contracted rate for the party, however, if additional kids show up then I will pay the per child additional rate based on the party package selected.
- I understand that I will provide the final count at least 7 days prior to the party.
- I understand that I will be allowed access into the party room no more than 15 mins prior to the start of the party and I must leave within 15 mins of my party end time. Otherwise
- I will incur a charge of $35 / 15 mins.